Saturday, April 9, 2011

Faux Beatles Rooftop Concert


When I walked out of Bass and headed back to (a freshman-olympics victorious) Davenport today I noticed what appeared to be a group jamming on the top of Trumbull to "Get Back" by the Beatles.

Don't get too excited.

Posers.

'Cuz they were totally faking it.


I admit, my first reaction was. Which group is this? Why can't I recognize them? Come on Zoe, get on that.....Embarrasing on so many levels.

It took me about a second to realize the show was a hoax. Imitating the Beatles' rooftop concert from their "Let It Be" documentary, the baffoons were playing the tracks through speakers while lip-synching and fake jamming on electric guitars and drums.

I see you Jordan, you so busted

At least they appeared to be having fun.

A crowd gathered across Elm Street, taking photos and videos of the "performance." I grabbed my camera and wrote something up for Cross Campus.

Peter Damrosch TC '12 said his group of friends had been joking about this "concert" all semester and finally decided to do something. But he said there are no plans as of yet to repeat the experience.

"I've Got a Feeling" people would like this to become a tradition, so "Don't Let Me Down" and "Get Back" up there. (yeah I just worked in all three songs they played)

Because I think impromptu rooftop concerts should happen at least once a week.

Don't you?


2 comments:

  1. the gormz I saw this article in the YDN too. You got mad reporting skilz

    ReplyDelete